Dear TIPS Member,
We are delighted to announce the membership of the TIPS Managing Committee for 2021/22, as follows:
James Ford, Mayer Brown, Committee Co-Chair
Adam Bakran, FTI Consulting, Committee Co-Chair
Helene Kadjar, Unilever, Outreach Lead
Sofia Tirini, Access Partnership, Events Lead
Stella Cooper, University of Sussex, Advocacy Lead
Irasema Guzman, University of Sussex
Will Jenkins, Nardello & Co
Reecha Patel, Ankura
Sandra Saadi, Exiger
Alex Sidossis, 3 Hare Court
Joseph Sinclair, Mountford Chambers
Molly Vaughan, Kroll
Jan Westad, Highgate
Oliver Williams, Mayer Brown
Many thanks to outgoing committee members Pete Chapman, James Hensser, Amy Ling and Jack Raeder for their tremendous support and contributions to the TIPS network over the past few years!
The new/continuing TIPS committee members have lots of ideas to grow this initiative further to continuing supporting Transparency International UK’s advocacy and outreach initiatives. It promises to be another exciting year for the TIPS Network, and we look forward to you being a part of it!
Please see below the TIPS Newsletter for August 2022. We look forward to seeing you soon.
- the TIPS team
1. Upcoming Events (register on our Events page)
TIPS Monthly Talk - Laura Alonso | 27 Sept 2021 | 7-8pm BST
Sustainability Live London | 7 - 8 September 2022 | 9am - 6pm BST
C5 Anti-Corruption London | 20 - 21 September 2022 | 9am - 6pm BST
The Sustainable & Social Investing Conference 2022 | 27 October 2022 | 9.30am - 5pm BST
ABC Minds International | 8 - 9 November 2022 | 9am - 6pm GMT
2. Jobs Board
Communications Adviser, Spotlight on Corruption, London. See here.
Anti-Bribery and Corruption Officer, Kleinwort Hambros, London. See here.
Senior Compliance Officer, Tokio Marine, London. See here.
3. Items of Interest
- Hidden Costs: US Private Military and Security Companies and the Risks of Corruption and Conflict. See here.
- Investing with Integrity. See here.
- Promoting Integrity, Ensuring Security. See here.
- Restoring Trust in Our Lobbying System. See here.
- The Development Case for Business Integrity in Impact Investing. See here.
- Bottle Laundromat: How Take Trades and British Shall Companies Helped move $820 million of Hot Money Out of Russia. See here.
- Randox Contracts Investigation highlights Need for Lobbying and Procurement Reform. See here.
- Call to Conservative Leadership Candidates: Promote Integrity to Ensure Security. See here.
- Building a Compliance Program Dashboard. Listen here.
- Corruption Risks in Public Procurement and the Potential of New Technologies. Listen here.
- Fraud, Intents and Purposes. Listen here.
- New Register to Crack Down on Dirty Money and Corrupt Elites in UK Goes Live. See here.
- Ex Punjab Minister Bharat Bhushan Ashu Arrested From Salon On Corruption Charges. See here.
- Olaf Scholz’s Popularity Slumps to Record Low After Memory Lapse Over Corruption Scandal. See here.
- Paraguay’s vice president to stay on after corruption accusations. See here.
- Haruyuki Takahashi: Tokyo 2020 Olympic Official Accused of Taking Bribes. See here.
- Bill O’Reilly: News Media ‘Rife With Incompetence and Corruption’. See here.
4. One Minute Reads
New One Minute Reads have been uploaded to the TIPS website. Please do click the link to read more – perfect for your morning/evening WFH coffee break!
5. Support TI-UK directly by joining Friends of TI-UK!
As a friend of TI-UK you will receive updates from TI-UK directly about TI-UK's ground-breaking research & advocacy campaigns. Your subscription will also support TI-UK's ongoing work across the UK, Business, Health, Defence & Security initiatives. Find out more here.
6. Focus on...
Mayer Brown International LLP
TIPS Committee Member
Why did you get involved with TIPS?
I was fortunate enough to have been introduced to the TIPS Network, and its importance in promoting the work of Transparency International, by my colleagues, James Ford and Sam Eastwood. Given that the TIPS Network is a community of practitioners who are passionate about battling corruption and promoting transparency, it was immediately clear from this introduction that the TIPS Network was the perfect platform to allow me to explore my longstanding interest in the ‘anti-bribery and corruption space’ and connect with people who share my passion of combating bribery and corruption issues.
Please describe your experience as part of the TIPS Network.
My involvement in the TIPS Network over the last year has, so far, been two-fold: I have attended a number of TIPS events (both virtually and in-person), and have also co-ran an event on ESG regulation and due diligence with a fellow TIPS member, William Bullock Jenkins. I have thoroughly enjoyed attending and participating in these TIPS events.
The February 2022 event with Washington-based author, lecturer and anti-corruption activist Frank Vogl, has been a particular highlight, as it demonstrated how those working in the private sector can help prevent corruption and promote transparency, accountability and integrity at all levels and across all sectors of society.
I am truly excited at the prospect of helping to organise future events, and promote the work of Transparency International, in my new role as a TIPS Network Committee Member.
Connect with Oliver on LinkedIn here.